Wednesday, March 24, 2010

What's new and on the horizon

For those who didn't hear me screaming at the top of my lungs a few days ago, The Cinderella Curse is done and available via Amazon and Smashwords.  It's a novella, weighing in at 70 pages by hardback standards, but at $0.99, it's a pretty good bang for the buck (literally).  I won't post the full description here since it's readily available on Amazon, but in brief it's a fractured fairy tale that ventures back to my writing roots - humor.

I had such fun writing The Cinderella Curse that I think I'm going to write more in the short story/novella family.  I'm currently working on a little something tentatively titled The (almost) Lesbian Club.  If you're married or otherwise attached to a man and have ever uttered the phrase, "In my next life I'm going to be a lesbian," then this humorous little story will be for you.

Not to worry, I haven't forgotten about Miss Taken Identity.  Intended to be my next full-length novel, it's about 15-20% complete and therefore still very much in the works.  For more on that story line and a couple sample chapters, visit my website.  And yes, the Reunion sequel is still on the horizon ... just a bit further off.

As if that weren't enough, I have yet another little project brewing in my over-active brain ... A series.  Yes, a series.  Will they be full length novels or novellas?  I'm not sure yet, but the idea for the main character and the story thread is definitely there.  I won't say more until it's further into production ... I just like to tease ya! ;)

In closing, it's a bit lonely around here lately.  Post me some comments, will ya?  I always love to hear from readers!

2 comments:

  1. Hi JL,
    Scott from Amazon forums popping in to say hello!

    Scott
    http://hauntedcomputerbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Scott!
    Thanks for drowning out the crickets for a moment. LOL!

    -Jenn

    ReplyDelete